Tomato soup and grilled cheese are a classic and comforting combination that is loved by many. The rich and creamy tomato soup perfectly complements the gooey and crispy grilled cheese sandwich. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps of making a delicious homemade tomato soup that will elevate your grilled cheese experience. Get ready to savor the comforting flavors of this timeless duo!
tomatoes soup for grilled cheese
Making homemade tomato soup for grilled cheese is a simple and satisfying process. By sautéing onions and garlic, cooking down ripe tomatoes with vegetable broth, blending until smooth, and adding a touch of cream, you can create a creamy and flavorful tomato soup that pairs perfectly with grilled cheese. Serve the soup hot and garnish with fresh basil leaves for an extra touch of freshness. Prepare some crispy grilled cheese sandwiches to dunk into the warm soup for the ultimate comfort food experience.
- large pot
- Wooden spoon
- olive oil
- vegetable broth
- heavy cream
- tomatoe paste
- sal and pepper
- fresh basil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters. Remove the cores and any tough stems.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the quartered tomatoes to the pot, along with the vegetable broth. Stir in the tomato paste and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and cooked down.
- Use an immersion blender directly in the pot or transfer the soup to a countertop blender in batches. Blend until smooth and creamy. Be cautious when blending hot liquids.
- Return the blended soup to the pot (if using a countertop blender). Stir in the heavy cream and heat the soup over low heat until warmed through. Do not let it boil.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle the tomato soup into bowls. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired. Serve alongside grilled cheese sandwiches for a classic and comforting meal.
Use ripe and flavorful tomatoes for the best results. Adjust the thickness of the soup by adding more or less vegetable broth as desired. If using a countertop blender, blend the soup in batches and be cautious when blending hot liquids to avoid accidents. Experiment with additional seasonings like dried herbs or spices to customize the flavor of the soup to your liking. Be mindful of the soup's temperature and avoid letting it boil once the cream has been added to prevent curdling. Enjoy the tomato soup and grilled cheese while they are fresh and hot for the best taste experience.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!