This creamy and flavorful chicken and corn soup is a delicious Asian-inspired dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. Made with tender chicken pieces, sweet corn kernels, and aromatic spices, this soup is both comforting and satisfying. The addition of heavy cream gives it a rich and velvety texture that will warm you up from the inside out.
This recipe is inspired by the flavors of Asian cuisine, which is known for its use of bold spices and herbs. The combination of ginger, garlic, and onion gives the soup a depth of flavor that is both savory and sweet. The use of chicken broth and heavy cream creates a perfect balance of richness and lightness, making this soup a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
This recipe is easy to follow and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, making it a great option for a quick weeknight dinner. Serve with some crusty bread or crackers for a complete meal. Whether you’re a fan of Asian cuisine or just looking for a hearty and delicious soup, this creamy chicken and corn soup is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
Chicken and corn soup
- large pot
- sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons for measuring the ingredients
- wooden spatula
- Blender/food processor
- boneless chicken
- cron kernels
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger and cook for another minute, until fragrant
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and cook until browned on all sides
- Add the drained corn kernels and stir to combine with the chicken and onion mixture
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth
- Return the soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Heat the soup until it is hot but not boiling
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro, if desired.