Indulge in the delightful flavors of a classic milk tart made with the richness of condensed milk. This recipe takes the traditional South African milk tart to a whole new level, adding a luscious twist with the creamy sweetness of condensed milk. With its smooth custard-like filling and crisp pastry crust, this milk tart is a true crowd-pleaser that will leave you wanting more. Whether enjoyed as a special treat or served at festive occasions, this condensed milk milk tart is a comforting and nostalgic dessert that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. Get ready to delight your taste buds with this irresistible dessert that combines the best of traditional flavors and creamy goodness.
Condensed Milk Milk Tart
This milk tart recipe with condensed milk is a mouthwatering dessert that brings together the classic flavors of a South African milk tart with the creamy richness of condensed milk. The smooth and velvety custard filling, infused with hints of vanilla, is nestled in a buttery and flaky pastry crust. The combination of sweet and creamy flavors creates a delightful dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you're serving it as a dessert for a family gathering or treating yourself to a sweet indulgence, this condensed milk milk tart is sure to be a hit.
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- tart pan 9 inches
- all purpose flour
- unsalted butter
- condensed milk
- corn starch
- vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter.
- Use a pastry blender or fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan to form the crust. Prick the bottom with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it begins to steam. Do not let it boil.In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and cornstarch until smooth and well combined.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the heated milk while continuously whisking.Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until it thickens and coats the back of the spoon. This usually takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.Pour the custard filling into the prepared crust.
- Place the tart pan in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.Once baked, remove the tart from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, you can sprinkle some ground cinnamon over the top for added flavor and presentation, if desired.Refrigerate the milk tart for at least 2 hours, or until chilled and set.
- Slice and serve the condensed milk milk tart chilled. Enjoy!
You can use a pre-made pie crust or short crust pastry instead of making the crust from scratch if preferred. Adjust the baking time accordingly. The tart can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!