Welcome to your favourtie food blog –> My Recipe Joint
Today I am going to teach you how to make chin chin.
Stay with me for the next 20 minutes as I give you the complete to making chin chin in Ghana.
Chin chin is commonly known as achomo in Ghana.
It is a popular snack which is prepared by deep frying method.
Now let’s have a look at the ingredients used to make Chin Chin
Ingredients for chin chin
- All-purpose flour
- Sugar. Grounded one preferably
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered Ginger (optional)
Steps to prepare Chin Chin
- Wash a clean bowl and pour flour, sugar, nutmeg and salt. You can add powdered ginger if you prefer.
- Add butter
- Using your fingers mix the ingredients in the bowl until a consistent uniform mixture is obtained.
- Crack and add eggs to the flour mixture.
- Mix until the dough is formed and uniform.
- Clean a wooden surface put the dough onto it.
- Knead it and roll it out to about an inch thick.
- Form and cut dough into square pieces and separate them on a clean surface.
- Pour vegetable oil into sauce pan and heat it under high heat enough to fry the chin chin
- In small batches, add the square dough pieces into the hot oil.
- Fry for about 5 – 7 minutes depending on how you want it.
- Transferred cooked chin chin unto a tissue or paper towel to drain excel oil.
- Allow them to cool down.