This creamy cauliflower and bacon soup is a delicious and comforting dish perfect for a cold day. Made with fresh cauliflower, crispy bacon, and cream, this soup is easy to make and packed with flavor. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a cozy weekend dinner, this soup is sure to please. Plus, it’s low-carb and keto-friendly, making it a healthy choice for anyone looking to cut back on carbs. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this delicious creamy cauliflower and bacon soup.
cauliflower and bacon recipe
- Slotted spoon
- large pot
- chicken broth
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- green onions
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the diced bacon until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the bacon fat in the pot.
- Add the chopped cauliflower, diced onion, and minced garlic to the pot with the bacon fat. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes
- Add the chicken or vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a simmer. Let the soup simmer until the cauliflower is very tender, about 15-20 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- (Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and puree it in batches.)Stir in the heavy cream and season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with the crispy bacon and chopped chives or green onions, if desired.