Shito is a popular pepper sauce enjoyed by Ghanaians and other West African countries. It is usually prepared for Senior High School students to send to school.
If you also want to start a Shito selling business, then this recipe is for you.
In this post, I am going to show:
- how to make shito the easiest way (Full shito recipe)
- tips to preparing a delicious shito
- and many more.
Delicous Shito. Black Chilli Sauce
Shito, also called black chilli pepper sauce is mostly served with Kenkey and Waakye.
- 15 large onions
- 1 CUP dried crushed Herrings
- 1 cup dried powdered shrimp
- 15 large fresh pepper
- 3 tbsp dried pepper powder
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- food seasonings
- Vegetable cooking oil
- Wash and peel off onions, ginger, and garlic
- Chop them into big chunks
- Pour onion chunks into cooking oil in a saucepan under medium heat
- Blend ginger, garlic, and pepper and add to oil. Stir until tender
- Add tomato puree. Stir for 20 minutes
- Continuously stir the mixture until its light brown
- Add powdered shrimps and herring then Stir in seasoning and salt to taste
- Add the dried powdered pepper, nutmeg and Allow simmering on a low heat till the color is dark brown.
- Remove from fire and allow it to cool
- Store in a dry clean bottle with the oil on top of the sauce.
This is spicy and sweet. Enjoy this with varieties of meals. Shito can be served with:
- Plain rice
- Banku and Tilapia
- and a lot more
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Other Recipes to Try.