Atay Balunan Adobo
- Chicken liver (atay)
- Chicken gizzard (balunbalunan)
- Soy sauce
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, sliced
- Black peppercorns
- Bay leaves
- Cooking oil
- In a pan, heat cooking oil and sauté garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the chicken liver and gizzard. Cook until browned on all sides.
- Pour in soy sauce and vinegar. Add black peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 1 hour or until the chicken liver and gizzard are tender.
- Add water if needed to adjust the consistency of the sauce.
- Continue simmering for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove from heat and serve the Atay Balunan Adobo hot with steamed rice.