- 500g bread flour
- 1 sachet active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 300ml warm water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the active dry yeast to the warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Grease a clean bowl with margarine and place the dough in the bowl. Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rise for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough to remove any air bubbles and knead it again for a few minutes.
- Divide the dough into small portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Grease a baking pan with margarine and place the dough balls in the pan, leaving some space between each ball.
- Cover the pan with a damp cloth and let the dough rise again for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake the dough in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the Agege Bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before serving.